Monday 7 October 2013

I've been so good....why is nothing changing???

There is a part of me that stares at the scale on Monday mornings and thinks, "What the heck? You were so good last week - how is it possible that it hasn't moved?" 

Or the other Monday mornings when the scale has taken a turn upwards rather than downwards - "I've been so good!"

I need to be real for a minute here. There are some things that slip willingly into my "unconsciousness" that I need to address with my conscious mind.

Calories in - Calories out: The number of calories on average that my body needs is wildly skewed when I allow my weekend to become a full on cheat-fest. . . I need to think smarter about ways to enjoy my weekend without ruining any weekday progress. Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean the calories find some other ass to attach themselves to...

Water Weight: I know I don't drink enough water for my  body to flush properly. Weekends are especially terrible because I have been known to befriend a bottle of wine or two...delicious friends, terrible influences on my hydration. 

Wheat/Gluten: Even though it is possible for me to eat these delicious additives a couple of times a week with little "felt" consequence, the affect on my body is still negative - bloating, increased sensitivity....etc.


So I ask myself - "What the heck?" but really, I know why there's no real change.  I know I  need to make changes to the way I think about weekends if I want to see any more progress on that scale. 


No comments: