Monday 3 June 2013

Looking For a Connection...

Hello all you friendly folks! 

I don't mean to sound terribly positive but today is a good day. A fantastic day even!

Today I said no to pizza
Today I woke up at 5:30am and went to teach a cycle class - that's 410 calories GONE! 
Today I ate completely gluten free
Today I decided to log my progress on MyFitnessPal again (Thanks to a friend who has been working hard since Christmas and has lost 30 POUNDS!!! - Thanks AG!)

SO now, I'd like to challenge you smart phone users to DOWNLOAD THE APP!

It's free - so I'm not asking you to sign your life away. 

Q: What's so great about it?
A: MyFitnessPal lets you set a goal and track your calories in and out every day at a pace that will help you to reach your goals! You can log everything you eat, scan barcodes, search items...it's SUPER helpful, and it's free. 


Q: What if I don't have TIME for that kind of thing - it sounds like a lot of work!
A: You're right. To log every day would mean that you would spend probably 5-20 minutes (depending on your proficiency) logging what you eat. But I would argue that without actually taking the time to at least write down what you eat for a whole week (snacks and cheat days included) - you probably don't know how much you are REALLY eating. 

It's so easy to casually mow down on empty calories - in your drinks, in those little snacks or candies that you idly chew on while you're working, even hidden in what you might consider a "healthy" meal. 

Q: Anything else cool about MyFitnessPal?
A: YEAH! We can be friends and keep each other in check!


Seriously - Add me up abecker25 is my username. I'd love to see you on there, and hear from you! I know you're reading, I see my pageviews increase. So make the connection. Try something new. Even just send me a Facebook message to let me know you're reading! 

Have a fantastic day friends. Tomorrow is a brand new day and EVERYTHING counts, let's clear the slate together :)

No comments: