Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 2...for the sake of argument

You should know that nothing groundbreaking happened today...
I didn't run a marathon...
I didn't eat only lean proteins, vegetables and grains...
I didn't have any self awareness breakthroughs...

It was a regular day, a busy day even. A day much like many others. 

This is part of the problem I think. 

I remember the first time I started this whole "wellness journey" I was obsessed. Consumed even. 

At this point in my life I'm thinking - "I can't possibly maintain the level of obsession that I stuck to last time around and still be a sane and whole individual." Not to mention the implications of job and responsibilities. 

What I did do today: 
-Didn't eat any wheat products (more on that for another day, but this is big right now)
-Taught Group Power and then did Yoga :)
-Made lunch for tomorrow - so that I don't eat out...even though it's Friday 

Goal for tomorrow: 
-Run (3, 5, 10k...I don't care - just need to do it)
-Remember everything I need to do (I completely bailed on a lovely young lady tonight unintentionally - I need to get in control of my own schedule. Maybe it's time to migrate back to Blackberry?)

So at the end of day 2 (another day two in a long string of day 2's that seem to pile up along the way) I still have a gut, I still don't fit into my favourite jeans, and I'm still here - doing what I can. 

No comments: