Thursday 5 June 2008

5. I just can't stop talking about myself.

I am proud. I am proud and selfish.
I can't help but think that I am worse off for it.
There is something in me that craves people's attention.
Unhealthily (if that is a word)
And really I know it's not something I need.
It's stupid really.

Part of being selfish is always finding a way to direct the conversation to yourself....

Person 1: I took a great class the other day, I really learned a lot about (fill in the blank). I think I'll go again.
Alicia: Wow. That's great. I've never taken that class. I should.

***official end of conversation***....Where do you go from there? Tips?

Or perhaps, and this is really something I think,
I really can't think of anything else to talk about but myself?
It's not that I think I'm that much better than ANYTHING else that could become a topic of conversation....
but really, the topic I know the very most about is myself.

Goal for the week: Find something interesting to talk about....that doesn't include myself....I'll have to google it.

In other news, I am going to Michigan this weekend to celebrate the joining of two close friends of mine. I'm very pleased that they're tying the knot...Should be a wild weekend. Lots of....PJs in public places??? Awkward. I think I'll stick with clothes. yep. :P

2 comments:

Tim said...

I can't either. I should stop sometime.

*blank stare*

Anonymous said...

We talk about your friends and the places that youve been,
We talk about your skin and the dimples on your chin.
The polish on your toes and the run in your hose,
And God knows were gonna talk about your clothes.
You know talkin about you makes me smile, but every once in a while,

I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about i
Wanna talk about number 1 oh my, me, my,
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see.
I like talkin about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about me! (me, me, me,) I wanna talk about me-e-e. (me, me, me)


Love you! :P
~Aimer