Wednesday 19 December 2007

2. I'm pretty okay at a lot of things.

I can sing, but I'm no Alicia Keys
I can play guitar, but I can't play Jack Johnson
I am young and in ministry, but I'm no Rob Bell
I can write a decent blog, but I'm no Tim Grace (ha ha)
I am passionate about greening, but I'm no David Suzuki
I can drive my hot van, but I'm no Helio Castroneves
I like music, but I'm not some music critic
I am decent looking, I'm no Li Lo
I can cook a nice chicken stew from scratch, but I'm no Rachel Ray
I love movies, but I'm no Ebert
I can google with the best of them, but I'm no Bill Gates
I can plan a pretty good event, but I'm no Martha Stewart
I'm funny (looking), but I'm no Ellen Degenerous.

Point is. I am not particularly amazing at anything and I'm not particularly passionate about anything.

I used to be. I was very passionate about faith, and community, and youth. Don't get me wrong. I still think those things are important, but they have lost their lustre. Am I getting old and jaded?

Do any of those people I mentioned above feel particularly amazing at what they are doing? Or do their writers, make up artists, managers or the voices in their head do most of the work for them?

I'm not sure. For now I remain, your mediocre friend.

Peace

1 comment:

k-bomb said...

Um...I see where this might be going...are you ok?